The Delaware School Nurse Association is seeking nominations for the Delaware School Nurse of the Year 2012-2013. Please feel free to nominate a school nurse whom you feel is most deserving of this honor. The candidate will be assigned points based on meeting the Standards of Professional School Nursing Practice as exemplified in both nursing care and performance. After receiving your nomination, a complete packet will be sent to the nurse.
The nominee must sign the attached Nomination Form indicating that he/she meets the guidelines for nomination. The guidelines are as follows:
- The candidate must be employed full time as a Delaware School Nurse (for at least 5 years).
- The Candidate must be a member in good standing of NASN/DSNA (presently and for the past 2 years).
- The candidate must be nominated by a Delaware school nurse or school administrator.
- The candidate must submit a portfolio focusing on 3 of the Standards of Professional Performance (Standards 7-17 of the Standards of Professional School Nursing Practice). The standards chosen should reflect how they guide and/or influence the candidate’s practice.
- The candidate must submit evidence of contribution to professional school nursing, the professional organization, or the school community-should fall under the previously chosen standards.
Please submit your letter of nomination along with the signed nomination form by February 29, 2012.
The submissions will be judged utilizing a blind review process by the members of the School Nurse of the Year Committee (former SNOYs).
The School Nurse of the Year will be announced at the DSNA Spring Conference, May10, 2012.
Send nominations to:
US Mail or State Mail
Patricia Guilday, RN Patricia Guilday, RN
Brandywine School District Brandywine School District
1000 Pennsylvania Aven SLC #N280
Claymont, DE 19703 District Office