DSNA is an Unified Affiliate of NASN, dedicated to promoting the practice of professional school nursing. DSNA‚ mission is to promote the profession of school nursing and to advance the delivery of professional school health services to promote optimal learning in students.
Some reasons we urge you to join DSNA include:
- Networking at local & national level with school nurse colleagues and educational opportunities to stay current in the practice and trends in school nursing
- Means of advocacy for children and the practice of school nursing
- Means of recognition for professional status/affiliation for employment
- Membership in DSNA is unified with membership in the National Association of School Nurse. (NASN). When you join the national organization you are automatically a member of the state level school nurse organization.
What can NASN do for you?
- Provide services and support from a professional staff
- Give you resources for your practice
- Offer you a discounted rate to the NASN Annual Conference
- Mark down Bookstore items with special prices just for you
- Reduce or waive the enrollment fees for Online Continuing Education
- Subscribe you to the Journal of School Nursing and the NASN School Nurse
- Send you the Weekly Digest e-news communication
- Open your access to the Sight for Students program
- Create networking opportunities such as our subspecialty
- Discussion Lists
- Help you continue your education with Educational Advancement Awards
- Support your passion for advocacy through our Advocacy Education Award
- Assist you in documenting trends with our Research Grants and Awards
- Thank our newest members with our New Member Annual Conference Scholarship.
- And much more!!!
Joining and being a member of DSNA and NASN is certainly one way to become involved and to be the voice to promote the profession of school nursing. Please visit www.nasn.org to join today.
Future NASN Conferences
2014 San Antonio
2017 San Diego